The Cornerstone Method of Childbirth Education represents a paradigm shift in childbirth preparation. The method was developed by a doula and a midwife and draws upon many years of combined direct service experience.
Our system works for all families regardless of structure, identity, or birthing location. In my 20-hour course, you will become engaged with the birth process, get informed about your birth options, and leave empowered to achieve the birth experience you’ve been dreaming of!
An integrated method that engages your body and mind through 8 special birth senses:
- Body Awareness: Understand the process of birth and all of the amazing changes that you will be encountering during pregnancy. Gain easy to use tools to care for yourself and your baby throughout the childbearing year.
- Sight: Create your birth vision and map the route to its destination.
- Sound: What you hear during pregnancy and birth affects the outcome.
- Breath: Learn to use the breath for nourishment, relaxation, and pain relief.
- Touch: Learn how to use touch to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Smell: Simple ways to use scents and aromatherapy to aide in easing nausea, exhaustion, and discomfort.
- Voice: Speak up for your needs! Learn about how to ask questions of your care providers to get the information you need to make informed decisions.
- Joy: Find freedom and joy in your body, pregnancy, and birth experience.
My role as your course leader:
- Provide modern, evidence based, culturally competent, and thorough instruction.
- Deepen your understanding of your options with unbiased information to aide in making informed decisions.
- Demystify pregnancy and birth with easy to understand descriptions of anatomy and physiology.
- Instill healthy habits during pregnancy with up to date nutrition and exercise instruction.
- Engage participants by using group exercises and games to enhance learning and community building.
- Prepare you for varied birth scenarios in all settings.
- Enhance your understanding of the prenatal and post birth parent/baby connection and provide tools for deepening the bonding process.
Class participants form lifelong bonds with each other over the course of the class and act as sources of support to one another throughout their parenting journeys. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to widen your circle of support!
Class sessions are offered on either Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 9:00pm for 8 weeks, or on Saturdays from 10:00am to 2:30pm for 4 weeks – in a comfortable living room setting in Sacramento. The course fee is $300 and includes healthy snacks, a student workbook, and all course materials. Payment is due in full upon registration. Families who contract with me as their doula attend my full 20-hour course for $200 (a $100 savings)! And, because I don’t want financial hardship to be the reason you aren’t well-prepared for your birth, I offer one full scholarship to a family in need on a first come, first served basis for each course session I teach.
Refund Policy: You must cancel your registration at least two weeks before a session begins in order to receive a full refund. You will receive a refund minus a $50 materials fee if you cancel your registration less than two weeks before the session begins.
Most class participants begin their childbirth education course at or around their 27th week of pregnancy. Inquire today – classes are limited to five families and fill up quickly!
Contact me today to find out when the next session begins.